…not transsexuality, so it’s about the sexuality of trans people.
Since in my last post most of the ressources I listed were in English anyways, I figured, I could write a short post about sexuality of trans people in English for those who prefer to read stuff in English.
How sex can work for trans people has been an important and interesting topic for me for a long time – to the point that I did a workshop on it at the Slut Conspiracy Festival in 2012, even though I don’t have a reason to consider myself an expert on the topic. So I wont write about it myself now, but list a few good ressources:
- This Zine by Tobi-Hill-Meyer is a very comprehensive and useful guide both for safer sex as well as for generally „how to have sex with trans people“, unfortunately not downloadable anymore for free, but here for one dollar
- Transcending Anatomy, A Guide to Bodies and Sexuality for Partners of Trans People (2011) a larger Zine with similar content, but for free and with a longer section about language etc.
- blog, belonging to the zine
- Fucking Trans Women, exactly about what it says in the title, rather direct, and definitely not NSFW
- Transmen – Trans Health Matters brochure about safer sex for trans men with very nice design
- and the same for trans women
- Trans Women Safer Sex Guide byThe 519 Church Street Community Centre. Looks good and also has special tips for sex workers
- Primed: The Back Pocket Guide For Transmen & The Men Who Dig Them for gay trans men and their lovers.
- Safer Sex Post-SRS specific information about what to watch out about having sex with people who had sex reassignment surgery
- and there is series of authors reading their contributions to the wonderful book trans/love about experiences of trans people in the area of sex and love
- and another good book: Take Me There, the only trans and genderqueer erotica that I know of, with some beautiful stories.
- and for the more visually inclined, Tobi Hill-Meyer made the porn movie „Doing it Ourselves“ with different situations involving different trans women (and some trans men as well). And then there is the extensive sequel „Doing it Again: In Depth“ with three DVDs of different couplings of trans women.